Thursday, July 2, 2015

Blue Bunny Super Chunky Cookie Dough Review


Blue Bunny Super Chunky Cookie Dough Ice Cream


My first review. I decided to go with something pretty simple, Blue Bunny's Super Chunky Cookie Dough Ice Cream. This ice cream is described as cookie dough ice cream with chocolate chip cookie dough chunks, a cookie dough batter ribbon and chocolate flakes. I  picked this one up at Walmart, for $3.50 for an almost half-gallon container. I was in the mood for something classic, but maybe a little more exciting than just the typical cookie dough ice cream. I just figured out about half a year ago that Ben and Jerry's actually created cookie dough ice cream which is really surprising but anyways let's get into the review.

First impression of the base was a very light, and sweet flavor. It really reminded of just eating straight Cool Whip from the container right out of the freezer, with that really light texture and creaminess and a general sweetness. The chocolate "flakes" enhanced the creamy base and added a nice touch, there were just enough for me.
The cookie dough chunks were a good size and appeared frequently throughout the pint, their flavor immediately reminded me of the cookie dough in a Dairy Queen blizzard or Sonic Blast, just a good pretty authentic tasting cookie dough. And lastly I almost forgot about the cookie dough swirl because it was barely present throughout the pint, that ended up being a blessing though I did not enjoy it at all. It was very syrupy and had a bad caramel taste. Hard to describe but just a bad flavor . Overall this was a solid classic that I would buy again if I was in the mood for a non -premium cookie dough ice cream.
Cost: $3.50
Where I found it: Walmart 
Rating(1-10): 6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment